Wednesday 12 June 2013

Topshop Clueless Lip Crayon

About a year ago I decided I would branch out from red lips and dive straight in to the matte neon-pink that is Topshop's Clueless Lip Crayon. I wore it to the hairdresser who told me she liked my lipstick in the same tone she might have used to tell a small child they'd just painted a nice picture. Umm, thanks. I would occasionally put it on then decide not to wear it out, but this time I decided I ought to give it another go.

I depotted in in the most vicious manner out of frustration because it didn't fit my pencil sharpener (neither does NARS Dragon Girl but I couldn't bring myself to hurt that pencil). I won't show you a photo. But this is a product I'd definitely rather apply with a lip brush anyway. It requires proper exfoliation and careful application to ensure that the colour doesn't cling to the dry or flaky bits on your lips, making them much more neon than the rest of the lip. I applied it over MAC Prep + Prime Lip and it was slightly buildable and pretty easy to reach opacity. As my lips are pretty pigmented to begin with, I could have applied a tiny bit with my brush for a more subtle colour, but that's not how I roll. I tried sheer lip colours (Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter and Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain) and they weren't for me, though maybe when I grow up I'll learn to love them.


I look pretty tired. That's because I was. I'm doing as les Francaises do and applying a bright lip to distract from the state of my face.


I applied around 11:15, and at about 1:30 I had a frozen yoghurt (my obsession). Afterwards I took a really unsubtle selfie to check the state of my lips and I was impressed.

It's not quite as neon as it was before, but the fade was so far pretty even and my lips didn't feel overly dry. By 4pm it had faded more on my top lip than my bottom lip, and by around 5pm I would have reapplied, had I not left the stuff in Bristol and come home. If I wear matte lip pencils (so, Dragon Girl) for much longer than 6 or 7 hours it can take my lips a day or two to recover, so I try to avoid doing that. Therefore, I'm impressed with the wear time I got out of Clueless. It's £7 from Topshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment