Thursday 24 October 2013

Korean Beauty Products On eBay

I recently made my first (long overdue) foray into Korean cosmetics in London's China Town*, where I bought eight sheet masks, including one whitening mask and one containing snail slime, with plenty of help from the lovely assistant. I nearly bought a lip tint from 3 Concept Eyes (fans of StyleNanda will know this brand) for £18 when my companion pointed out they were under £10 on eBay.

So I spent the next few evenings trawling eBay and making a Korean cosmetics shopping list, then I finally made my first purchase via iamlove-shop on eBay. They have a huge range of skincare and makeup from brands such as The Face Shop, Tony Moly, Missha (whose BB Cream is reportedly one of the best ones out there FYI), Innisfree and Mizon. I plumped for something I identified as low-risk, a solid perfume stick from Tony Moly called "Bebe Powder". I absolutely love the smell of baby powder, so I reckoned it could almost definitely not go wrong. There's 9g of perfume and I paid $11.58 + $2.50 P&P which adds up to £8.82.
Bebe Powder on the left (image from Kpopheaven.com)
It arrived this morning and I am thrilled! There was a risk I'd find the kawaii bunny packaging tacky, but I think it's rather lovely. It smells so fresh and powdery, plus the main ingredient is shea butter so it is very smooth and not at all drying. It's not a strong scent - I don't think anyone else can smell it unless they hug me or something like that. I like to use it on my wrists and around my ears and neck. I also use it under other perfumes. The order also came with two samples of Tony Moly Aura CC Cream, Intense Care Sleeping Pack (moisturiser?) and Red Appletox Honey Cream.

Other Korean beauty shops include beautynetkoreapzh888rubyruby76 and sing-sing-girl.

Here are the next few products I have my eye on - and at those prices, I really have no excuse not to get them!


Top row: Missha The Style Sheer Fluid Blusher in 04 Vivid Coral, 3 Concept Eyes Cream Blusher in Baby Peach, 3 Concept Eyes Lip Marker in Red and Pink.
Bottom row: The Face Shop Pastel Cushion Blusher in Rose Cushion, Skin Food Egg White Pore Foam, Skin Food Brightening Rice Mask

*sorry, don't know the name of the shop but I think it may have been down Newport Court?

No comments:

Post a Comment