Friday 28 March 2014

Super Quick Lip Balm Reviews

Here is a short review and score out of 10 of every inexpensive lip balm I have tried. FYI, I sually uneed to reapply lipbalms super frequently so you may not have the same experiences as me.

Nuxe Reve de Miel stick, £5.50
Smells like sunflower seeds. Matte finish, but not as matte as the potted version. Shaped like a lipstick - a con for me, but could be a pro for you. I reapplied this every 3 or 4 hours.
8.5/10

Nuxe Reve de Miel pot, £9.50
Smells like sunflower seeds and honey. Matte finish, good lipstick base. Personally I find potted balms annoying. I found I needed to apply much more each time than when I used the stick version. I reapplied this around every 3 hours.
7/10

Caudalie Lip Conditioner, £5.50
Faint vanilla scent, not too sweet. Invisible finish. Shaped like a lipstick - again, I count that as a con. Felt a bit grainy in warm weather. For a little while, lips feel like they'll never need lip balm again. I reapplied this around every 4 hours.
9.5/10

Maybelline Baby Lips Repair (yellow), £2.99
Sherbet almond scent? Slightly glossy finish. SPF 20. I reapplied this every 3 or 4 hours.
7/10

Maybelline Baby Lips Hydrate (blue), £2.99
Slightly powdery scent? Finish slightly glossier/more wet-look than Repair. SPF 20. I reapplied this every 3 or 4 hours.
7.5/10

Nivea Lip Care Essential (dark blue), from £1.10
Slightly powdery scent. Slightly glossy finish. Very thick. I reapplied this every 3 or 4 hours.
7/10

Nivea Hydro Care (pale blue), £1.58
Slightly powdery scent. Subtle finish, feels very light. Lips feel intensely moisturised. I reapplied this around every 4 hours.
9.25/10

Malin & Goetz Mojito Lip Balm, £10
Yummy but subtle scent, not too sweet. Slightly sticky. Very moisturising but not that long lasting; I reapplied this around every 2 hours.
7/10

Dr Lipp Nipple Balm, £11.50
Can't remember any specific or strong scent. Very thick. Matte finish. Fantastically repairing, a little sticky. I reapplied this around every 6 hours.
9.5/10

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Intensive Lip Repair, from £16.80
Repulsive, slightly bitter smell. Not particularly moisturising. Expensive. I chose to forego lipbalm once I needed to reapply after around an hour.
2/10

Boots Essentials Spearmint Lip Salve, £1
Spearmint scent (duh). Dragged a little on application. Needed to reapply after around an hour.
3/10

Vaseline Paint The Town Red, £3.49
Rosy scent. Very faint red tint. Annoying pot meant I had to choose somewhere to wipe the greasy excess off my finger when I applied it. Needed to reapply around every 2 hours. If you like Vaseline, though, you may well like this.
5/10

Burts Bees Pink Grapefruit Balm, £3.69
Nice citrus scent. Dragged a little on application. No real moisturising feeling. Needed to reapply after around 2 hours.
4.5/10

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector, £17
Can't remember a particular smell. Very sticky. Expensive. If your dryness is caused by you licking your lips, these will aggravate the situation resulting in a -1/10 rating. If not, more like a 5.5/10

Bonne Bell Dr Pepper, £?
Sweet smell. Slightly sticky finish. Fairly moisturising as long as you don't lick your lips too often. Needed to reply around every 2 hours.
6/10

Blistex Liquid Splash (roll on), £?
Cooling sensation. Wet but not sticky. Moisturising at first but then seemed to dry lips out very quickly once it wore off. Needed to reapply around every 2.5 hours.
5/10

I still want to try EOS, Lanolips, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula, Carmex, the rest of the Blistex range and Nivea's SOS Lip Relief. But for now, I will keep buying Nivea Hydro Care (Caudalie and Dr Lipp on special occasions...)

No comments:

Post a Comment