Saturday 23 November 2013

Inspired by Temptalia: My Top 15 Products

Temptalia posted a great poll today asking readers to comment with their top 15 makeup products. I answered with a version of my top 15, and it inspired me to write out a more carefully chosen top 20 on here.

  1. Guerlain Cils D'Enfer Mascara
  2. NARS Night Porter Eyeshadow
  3. NARS Iskandar Eye Paint
  4. NARS Kinshasa Brow Gel (I don't own this but it's amazing)
  5. MAC Graphblack Technakohl Liner
  6. MAC Studio Finish Concealer*
  7. YSL Touche Eclat
  8. Guerlain Meteorites
  9. Dior BB Cream
  10. MAC MSF Natural
  11. Kjaer Weis Blossoming Cream Blusher / MAC Cremeblend Ladyblush
  12. Rouge Bunny Rouge Titian Blush Wand / NARS Penny Lane
  13. Ilia Beauty Polka Dots & Moonbeans Illuminator / NARS Copacabana Multiple
  14. YSL Glossy Stain #9 Rouge Laque (my favourite lip colour)
  15. Armani Lip Maestro #400 The Red
  16. Guerlain Terre de Sienne Lip Liner
  17. Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Garnet / MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass in Forever Rose
  18. Stila Lip Glaze in Black Cherry
  19. Chanel Rouge Allure in Rivoli
  20. Dior Ultra Gloss in Flash (discontinued - try MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold)
*I picked this one as it's the one I've ever owned and liked. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer isn't for me. It's been about 4 years and I've used half the pot of the MAC stuff if that gives you a clue as to how infrequently I wear concealer, and therefore how little I know about which ones are good.

Concealer aside, take all these as solid recommendations! Some of these brands are harder to hunt down as they are not available everywhere - or at all - so I have added a more accessible (and in almost every case, cheaper) alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment