Monday 27 May 2013

Skincare Routine

I must credit Into The Gloss with getting me interested in skincare. Only after reading all the interviews with various French models and tastemakers did I actually research what toners are actually for, or how many steps I should have in my skincare regime, or the important of using SPF every day (very important.)

This is the "correct" order of product application:
1) Cleanse
2) Tone
3) Eye Cream
4) Serum
5) Moisturise

I wash my face once a day, usually in the evening, but sometimes if I'm too cold to get to the bathroom or if the girl who shares my bathroom is having a shower, I'll do it in the morning instead. Currently my skincare routine begins with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, which replaced their Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser on recommendation of the lovely lady at the Kiehl's counter at Jenners in Edinburgh. I thought the blue cleanser did a marvellous job but I have since discovered that my skin is combination/dry not combination/oily so I need something a little gentler.
Then I proceed on to Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, but only on my T zone - I used it on my cheeks for about a week and became almost immediately drier and frecklier, so I stopped. I love my freckles but it was a little alarming.
The final step is Clinique Superdefense moisturiser with SPF 25, which I apply twice a day. I probably don't need SPF 25 while I'm asleep but the cream has anti-aging benefits too.
I am on the look out for a good scrub - despite the positive reviews, Mario Badescu's Kiwi Scrub did nothing for me, and I don't want to spend any more money on one until I can be sure we will get along. I also have a shortlist of eye creams that I'd like to try. I also worked through a sample of Guerlain Super Aqua-Serum, which was wonderfully moisturising and did make my skin a little brighter, but I just can't justify spending that much on a serum at my age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment